Scribes Unlimited

Well, why not? We're a two-person crew of writers, researchers, editors, online publishers, mortgage and investment counselors. Not bad for just two people, hmmm? These are our ramblings and we hope you find them relatively more exciting than our work. No, we're kidding, we LOVE the work! (But we do miss the steady paychecks *wistful sighs* ) Anyway, enjoy and look us up sometime at http://www.scribesunlimited.com

Name:
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States

Friday, May 27, 2005

The emotion of George V. Voinovich

Senator George Voinovich sometimes comes through. His impassioned speech on the Senate floor begging his colleagues to stop the nomination of that abomination in a blue suit, John Bolton as UN ambassador reminded me that he is a good moderate sort, not given to the excesses that his right wing compadres espouse. I used to work for his administration at the City of Cleveland. Never once was I asked what my politics were - just what my qualifications were and what I could bring to the city. The then Mayor surrounded himself with talent of all different ilks, if I recall correctly, his press secretary was a former SDS radical turned Democrat. So it didn't surprise me that he went against an ideologue's nomination. He can only take so much and be only so loyal. Too bad he didn't just kill the nomination in committee where it would have done more good. But as always with GVV, better late than never...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I froh dort ist ein Platz, zum avoid foreclosure. �ber des Dankes f�r Haben es zu sprechen.Good Wishes, Maragret avoid foreclosure

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home